Florida Cities - Visitors' Guide
Visit our page about Florida
Selected Hotels in Florida
Florida Cities on the Atlantic Coast
The very pleasant subtropical climate of Miami attracts over 8 million tourists every winter.
- *Bayside Marketplace - Shopping mall and animated restaurants.
- Young and in district, very animated, on the coast of Biscayne Bay.
- ** Key Biscayne - Island boarding Biscayne National Park. Activities: hiking, biking, sailing, golf and tennis. The "Rusty Pelican" a restaurant on the water is very pleasant. You will find it on your left when you arrive at Key Biscayne.
- * Coral Gables - Old Hispanic district.
- * Seaquarium -The biggest marine attraction complex of South Florida. Dolphin shows, aquariums, manatees, sharks, alligators, tropical forest. Possibility of swimming with dolphins.
- * Villa Viscaya - Italian Renaissance style mansion. Splendid view of Biscayne Bay from the terrace.
Sports: All nautical sports such as sailing, diving, sea fishing. Golf (at the Biltmore Hotel in Coral Gables for example), tennis and more.
Fairchild Tropical Botanical Garden - Coral Gables
The garden presents extensive collections of rare tropical plants. The 83-acre display palms, cycads, flowering trees and vines. Read our article about Fairchild Tropical Garden
** Miami Beach
- ** South Beach - Art Deco District, beaches, restaurants, meeting place of the fun lovers. On sunny days take the bridge that leads to Miami Beach and contemplate the Intracoastal turquoise Waterways. Come back at sunset and admire the night lights of the city of Miami.
* Fort Lauderdale
- Business and tourist city. Activities:
beaches, marinas, Las Olas Boulevard (animated downtown center with pleasant restaurants and shops) and Las Olas Riverfront, visit Fort Lauderdale port by ship. Sports
: nautical sports like fishing and sailing. Golf and tennis.
*** Palm Beach
One of the most beautiful towns of Florida. Its Spanish architecture, its manicured environment and splendid mansions are the witness of the city residents' wealth.
Activities: Beaches, luxury shopping at Worth Avenue, car or bike rides along the avenues, boardwalk along the Intracoastal Waterways. Bike rides: 6 miles of bike path along the Intracoastal. Ask the bike renter for information and local maps. Visits: Flagler Museum, Breakers Hotel Sports: diving, golf.
* Daytona Beach
Famous for its large beaches on which motorists ride and park. Daytona Beach organizes two events attracting bikers from around the world: Daytona Beach Bike Week (1st week of March) and Biketober Fest (mid-October). Read our Article
** Key West
Small city, made up of Victorian architecture, on the extreme south of the Florida Keys. It is characterized by its fun atmosphere and restaurants.
: Visit of the city, sunrise and sunset, beaches Nautical sports:
diving, sailing, fishing.
***The Florida Keys
On the south point of Florida, a string of islands lies in turquoise waters. These are the United State Keys, bordered by unique living coral reefs. The subtropical climate and the extraordinary beauty of the Atlantic have made this ecological feature one of the favorite destinations for sailors.
Read our articles The Florida Keys
and Sailing Itineraries
*** Florida Itineraries
- By car: From Boca Raton to Palm Beach via road A1A that borders the ocean. 1 to 2 hours drive. Start your tour by stopping at Mizner Park in Boca Raton.
- By sailboat: From Miami to Key West in 7 days. Read our article
Florida Cities on the Gulf of Mexico
** Bush Gardens
* University of Tampa
- The place is renowned for its beaches, nautical
and golf courses. A small paradise of vacationers.
Small town offering beautiful beaches.
: luxury shopping, old Victorian architecture in the city center, Fifth Avenue shopping and restaurants, breakfast on the beach at the Ritz-Carlton in Vanderbilt Beach, visit of marinas. Sit on the beach and admire the sunset while watching dolphins swim only a few meters from the shore. Sports
: boating, kayak, golf, tennis. Visit Naples
City in the Center of Florida
Famous for its amusement parks, Orlando welcomes millions of visitors each year. Length of the visit: 3 to 4 days.
- Walt Disney World, the most important complex of Orlando with its 4 amusement parks:
Magic Kingdom: imaginary city.
Epcot: buildings from different nations and attractions with a futuristic emphasis.
MGM Studios: themes of MGM studios of Hollywood.
Disney's Animal Kingdom: zoological park and numerous hectares of jungle like land.
- Universal Orlando, attractions to the themes of Hollywood super-productions (Terminator, King Kong, Men in Black, etc.).
- SeaWorld Orlando, underwater life theme. Dolphin shows, aquarium, etc.
Selected Hotels in Florida
Amusement Parks Hotels
- Disney Resorts
(Al Star Movies Resort, Caribeean Beach Resort, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Beach Club Resort, Boardwalk Villas, etc.)
- Universal Resorts (Hard Rock Hotel, Portofino Bay Hotel, Royal Pacific Resort)
Top Rated Hotels in Orlando
- Crowne Plaza Universal
- Universal's Hard Rock Hotel
- Marriott Orlando World Center
- JW Marriott Orlando, Grande Lakes
- Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress